My liquid intake consisted of the following soft drinks:
- Sugar water
- Syrup and water
- Various milkshakes (made with full fat cow’s milk)
- Cow’s milk Semi-skimmed or full-fat – served in large pint-sized glasses. Most often consumed with chunky chocolate-chip cookies.
- Mixed soft drinks – I used to mix Cola, Sprite and Fanta.
At the time I only thought about the thirst I was feeling and what to drink to quench that thirst. I never gave much thought as to what I was filling my body with.
- Sugar (excessive amounts.)
- High fructose corn syrup
- Yellow 5
- Phosphoric acid
- Sodium benzoate
Alongside many more detrimental elements.
I’m sure this behaviour, blended with such ingredients contributed to my weight gain and issues such as acne and low nutrition.
Whenever I’m thirsty I will drink one of the following options:
- Water (prefer still, sometimes with a few drops of lemon juice.)
- Orange juice.
- Apple juice.
- Other freshly pressed juice combinations.
- Herbal tea.
- Plant-based hot chocolate.
- Plant-based tea.
- Homemade plant-based smoothies – sharing recipes on my YouTube channel UniqueFatso
These drinks are loaded with:
- Essential nutrients
- Good health!
Gone are the days that I filled with cow’s milk.
Today my acne is less prominent, and my health is a lot better.
Today I feed my mind with knowledge on good foods to eat for my health, my body with good nutrients and my soul with good intentions.
Know that although you may be devouring bad foods like I was all those years ago. You can change your diet for better health! Better to start now, than never.
It may seem impossible and beyond your expectations. But why place limitations on what you CAN and WILL achieve?
Why restrict yourself? You can adopt a healthier lifestyle if you truly want to. It by no means will be easy for you. However, you can start small like switching from animal milk to a plant-based alternative. You can also reduce your soft-drink intake and have water.
I know, critics will tell you it’s boring and stupid. Only, your body will thank you wholeheartedly!
Your skin will glow with good health and you’ll feel better within yourself.
Live a healthy life!