- 4 Very ripe bananas
- 110g of soft light brown sugar (I use muscovado sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 120ml/ ½ Cup of sunflower oil
- 225g/ 1 ½ Cup of plain flour
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- Golden flaxseeds (I’ve also used pumpkin seeds, and that was delightful.)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan) and line a loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Mash the bananas roughly with a fork (I like to mash them 2 into small pieces, then add the 3rd banana and mash it lightly, so it has bigger chunks in the mix.)
- Add the sugar, eggs and oil, then whisk together (use an electric whisk if possible.)
- Next, you must sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl.
- Scrape the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Slice the remaining banana and place on the top of your mixture. Now sprinkle a pinch of golden flaxseeds over the top.
- and bake for 55 minutes (I tend to set a timer once I’ve placed it into the oven.) When you remove your loaf, be sure to insert a skewer or knife down the middle – to ensure that it has baked through.)
- Transfer your loaf to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.